“Make learning possible through DIALOG.”
DIALOG is Diamond’s very own speaker and continuing education bureau. Our mission is to provide training for a wide range of healthcare specialties on behalf of groups and facilities. This bureau of expert educators includes pharmacists specializing in gerontology, anti-coagulation therapy and HIV; a CRNP/Nurse Educator with extensive experience in disease states and well-being, staff development, facility management and delegation, and infection control; professional staff instructors in the areas of human resources, HIPPA, Safety and Disaster preparedness and elder law; and Certified Registered Nurse Infusion specialists with a focus on all areas of infusion therapy management and administration, including the PA State Board of Nursing mandatory LPN IV Certification. Thanks to this depth of expertise, we’re able to offer a selection of continuing education courses. A sample listing of available courses includes:
- Disease States and Treatment Therapies Alzheimer’s, COPD, CHD, Diabetes, Hypertension, A-Fib and much more
- Infusion TherapyAdvanced IV Technique for the RN, LPN IV Certification (see below) TPN, PCA, Antibiotic Administration/Management, Hydration and much more
- Medication Administration and ManagementAnticoagulation, ADRs, Pain Management, Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Controlled Substances, Lab Monitoring
- Staff DevelopmentInfection Control, Fall and Accident Prevention, Safe Handling and Administration of Medications, Interventions for Behaviors, Prevent Drug Diversions
- Facility Administration and ManagementNursing Management and Leadership, Geriatric Law, Transitions in Care, Human Resources Employment Cycle, Safety and Disaster Preparedness
- Custom In-ServicesHave you identified an area of practice that needs reinforced or reviewed with your staff? Our experts can develop a custom in-service for any area of practice. Additional courses are available!
Available Certification Programs
LPN IV Certification*
The IV Theory and Technique Course for LPNs presents basic principle and practice for the implementation and management of IV therapy for the practical nurse. The competency based program provides for knowledge and skills covering nursing responsibilities, quality assurance, body fluids and electrolytes, anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, knowledge of IV equipment, infection control and safety, management and line care, infusion related procedures, practice for IV therapy and clinical experience. This 8 hour course is approved by the PA State Board of Nursing to satisfy the mandated regulations to allow an LPN to manage and initiate IV Therapy.*For Pennsylvania LPNs only. Class is taught on behalf of facilities, organizations, and groups of at least five.
Additional CE Information
Our courses are approved by the following agencies:
For Personal Care & Assisted Living Administrators: Courses approved by the Department of Public Welfare (DPW) to provide continuing education hours for administrators in Pennsylvania.
For Nursing Home Administrators: Diamond Drugs Inc. d/b/a Diamond Pharmacy has been approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Examiners of Nursing Homes as a Provider of Continuing Education and each course has been approved independently for Nursing Home Administrators in Pennsylvania.
For Registered Nurses: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16370. Accepted in most US States including AL, AK, AR, CA, CO, DE, IL, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV,NH, NJ, NM, NY ,NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA,RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT , VT, VA,WA,WI, WY. If the state you are looking for is not listed please check with your State Board.
Free Continuing Education Opportunities
These are private commercial entities and are not affiliated with or endorsed by Diamond Drugs Inc d/b/a Diamond Pharmacy. Any claims or statements regarding products or services are solely those of the entity and cannot be verified by Diamond Pharmacy.
- http://wwwn.cdc.gov/wpvhc/Course.aspx/Slide/Intro_1 (New!-NIOSH-WPVHC-Workplace Violence Prevention for Nurses)
- http://www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu/ (New!-Click to register for mandatory PA ACT 31 training)
- http://www.resmed.com/us/en/healthcare-professional/research-and-education/courses/e-learning-academy.html (New!- Up to 6 FREE CEs available)
A complete course list is available by request. For more Continuing Education information, please contact:Trina Plazio, RN, CRNI Infusion Educator email@example.com 724.349.1111 x1100